Introduce your staff to the fundamentals of accessibility and give them practical steps to improve the accessibility of online content. The course covers key accessibility principles for documents, presentations, emails, marketing materials, eLearning resources and social media etc.
Who is it for?
Digital accessibility is vitally important throughout an organisation. This course benefits anyone who creates online content, or who is interested in finding out more about digital accessibility e.g.
- Professional services teams e.g. HR, Finance etc.
- Communications and marketing teams
- L&D teams
- IT and product development teams
What will we learn?
The course focuses on 8 key digital accessibility principles which are applicable to a wide range of content and will have a significant beneficial impact on the digital experience of both your customers and staff.
- Color contrast to meet accessibility standards
- Avoiding colour alone to communicate meaning
- Creating accessible hyperlinks
- Heading, tables and lists for assistive technology
- Writing effective alternative text
- Creating captions and transcripts
- Improving the readability of resources
What are the benefits for the team or organisation?
- Be confident that your staff are creating digital content that does not create barriers for any of your audience
- Ensure the estimated 12% to 26% of your audience who have disabilities or impairments are not excluded
- Improve the digital experience for everyone including people who have temporary or situational impairments
- Serve the rapidly growing ageing population
- Avoid the legal risk from a lack of accessibility
- Validate your diversity, equity and inclusion credentials to your employees and customers
- Expand your market reach
What are the benefits for our staff?
- Develop your staff’s knowledge and skills to allow them to become more confident digital accessibility practitioners
- Enable your staff to become effective advocates for digital accessibility
How long is the course?
The course is 3 hours with a short break mid-way through.
How much is the course and how can I book?
Contact us to find out more.
How many delegates can we have?
All of our courses are currently virtual online classroom sessions delivered via the Zoom platform.
We run our digital accessibility organisational courses with a minimum of 3 delegates and a maximum of 12. For large groups we deliver with a trainer and a producer to ensure the course runs smoothly.
Is the course accessible?
We aim to make our online courses fully accessible. Captions are provided and a variety of communication options are offered during training sessions to accommodate different access needs. Any important visual information can be provided in advance in our supporting documentation. We also ask delegates for information about any specific access needs prior to the course and work with them to accommodate these.
Do you supply supporting documentation?
The course is accompanied by fully accessible course notes with links to further resources. These are a useful learning tool and are sent out in advance of the course.
What level of experience do we need?
- This course is an entry level introduction so no prior knowledge or experience of accessibility is needed
- Basic familiarity with video conferencing software such as Zoom is recommended
“eLaHub’s training was practical, clear and brilliantly useful. It has helped to transform the way we communicate at WCC.”
Former head of employee engagement and internal communications,
Westminster City Council.