Build on fundamental accessibility skills and knowledge to confidently apply accessibility to every aspect of eLearning content. This course covers advanced principles of accessibility and shows you how to implement them using a wide range of eLearning authoring tools and approaches.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in any part of the creation, design, development or testing of eLearning content. Attending eLaHub eLearning accessibility fundamentals training is a pre-requisite for this course. This ensures all delegates have the understanding of eLearning accessibility principles needed for this follow-on course.
What will I learn?
This course covers advanced principles of accessibility and shows you how to implement them using a wide range of eLearning authoring tools and approaches. It covers further Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A and AA standards and also includes best practice AAA recommendations designed to improve the learner experience for everyone.
- Accessible audio and video content
- Moving content
- Information and instructions
- Interactive items
- Tool control
- Tool limitations
- Course review
What are the benefits for the eLearning professional?
- Develop your knowledge and skills and become a confident eLearning accessibility practitioner
- Be confident that you are creating learning content that does not create barriers or disable the potential of any of your learners
- Enhance your employability as the need for eLearning accessibility continues to grow
- Become a better advocate for accessible eLearning
What are the benefits for the organisation?
- Ensure the estimated 12% to 26% of your learners who have disabilities or impairments are not excluded
- Improve the learning experience for everyone including people who have temporary or situational impairments
- Serve the rapidly growing ageing population
- Avoid the legal risk from a lack of accessibility
- Validate your diversity, equity and inclusion credentials to your employees and customers
- Expand your market reach
How long is the course?
The course lasts for 3.5 hours. It starts at 9.30am GMT and finishes at 1pm with a short break mid-way through.
How much does it cost?
eLearning accessibility further steps = £250 + VAT
(Please be aware that completing eLearning accessibility fundamentals is a prerequisite for attending this course.)
Complete eLearning accessibility = £450 + VAT
(Includes both eLearning accessibility fundamentals and eLearning accessibility further steps.)
Our eLearning accessibility further steps course is run on demand as soon as we have a suitable number of delegates. Please register your interest below and we will be in contact as soon as any dates become available.
How can I book?
(Save 10% by buying eLearning accessibility fundamentals and eLearning accessibility further steps together.)
How many people will be on the course?
We run our eLearning accessibility courses with a minimum of 5 delegates and a maximum of 10. For large groups we deliver with a trainer and a producer to ensure the course runs smoothly.
Is the course accessible?
We aim to make our courses as accessible as possible. Captions are provided and a variety of communication options are offered during training sessions to accommodate different access needs. We also ask delegates for information about any specific access needs prior to the course and work with them to accommodate these.
Do you supply course notes?
The course is accompanied by fully accessible course notes with links to further resources. These are a useful learning tool and are sent out in advance of the course.
What level of experience do I need?
- eLaHub eLearning accessibility fundamentals training is a pre-requisite for this course
- Some experience of designing or creating eLearning content using an authoring tool is useful but not essential
- Basic familiarity with video conferencing software such as Zoom is recommended
Any other questions?
Contact us if you have any other questions or if you would like us to deliver this course for your team or organisation.
* * * * *
“A great course. It exceeded all expectations and was delivered in a clear and accessible way.”