Build on fundamental accessibility skills and knowledge to confidently apply accessibility to every aspect of eLearning content. This course covers advanced principles of accessibility and shows you how to implement them using Articulate Storyline and Rise 360.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in any part of the creation, design, development or testing of eLearning using Articulate Storyline and Rise 360. Attending eLaHub eLearning accessibility fundamentals for Articulate 360 training is a pre-requisite for this course. This ensures all delegates have the required groundwork understanding of eLearning accessibility principles needed for this follow-on course.
What will I learn?
This course covers advanced principles of accessibility and shows you how to implement them using Articulate Storyline and Rise 360. It covers the essential Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A and AA standards and also covers some AAA best practice recommendations designed to improve the learner experience for everyone. The course covers:
- Accessible audio and video content
- Moving content
- Information and instructions
- Interactive items
- Storyline and Rise tool control
- Storyline and Rise limitations
- Course review
What are the benefits for the eLearning professional?
- Develop your knowledge and skills and become a confident eLearning accessibility practitioner
- Enhance your employability as the need for eLearning accessibility continues to grow
- Be confident that you are creating learning content that does not create barriers or disable the potential of any of your learners
- Become a better advocate for accessible eLearning
What are the benefits for the organisation?
- Ensure the estimated 12% to 26% of your learners who have disabilities or impairments are not excluded
- Improve the learning experience for everyone including people who have temporary or situational impairments
- Serve the rapidly growing ageing population
- Avoid the legal risk from a lack of accessibility
- Validate your diversity, equity and inclusion credentials to your employees and customers
- Expand your market reach
How long is the course?
The course is 3 hours. It starts at 9.30am BST and finishes at 12.30pm with a short break mid-way through.
How much does it cost?
eLearning accessibility further steps for Articulate 360 = £250 + VAT
(Please be aware that completing eLearning accessibility fundamentals for Articulate 360 is a prerequisite for attending this course.)
Complete eLearning accessibility for Articulate 360 = £450 + VAT
(Includes both eLearning accessibility fundamentals for Articulate 360 and eLearning accessibility further steps for Articulate 360.)
Our next scheduled dates for eLearning accessibility for Articulate 360 are as follows (All times are British Standard Time):
eLearning accessibility fundamentals for Articulate 360 A01F – Wednesday 15/09/21 – 9.30 – 12.30
eLearning accessibility further steps for Articulate 360 A01S – Wednesday 29/09/21 – 9.30 – 12.30
eLearning accessibility fundamentals for Articulate 360 A02F – Wednesday 10/11/21 – 9.30 – 12.30
eLearning accessibility further steps for Articulate 360 A02S – Wednesday 24/11/21 – 9.30 – 12.30
How can I book?
Contact us below and let us know which courses and dates you are interested in.
(Save 10% by buying eLearning accessibility fundamentals for Articulate 360 and eLearning accessibility further steps for Articulate 360 together.)
How many people will be on the course?
We run our courses with a minimum of 5 delegates and a maximum of 12. For large groups we deliver with a trainer and a producer to ensure the course runs smoothly.
Is the course accessible?
We aim to make our courses as accessible as possible. Captions are provided and a variety of communication options are offered during training sessions to accommodate different access needs. We also ask delegates for information about any specific access needs prior to the course and work with them to accommodate these.
Do you supply supporting documentation?
The course is accompanied by fully accessible course notes with links to further resources. These are a useful learning tool and can be sent out in advance if requested.
What level of experience do I need?
- eLaHub eLearning accessibility fundamentals for Articulate 360 training is a pre-requisite for this course
- Some experience of designing or creating eLearning content using Storyline and Rise is useful but not essential
- Basic familiarity with video conferencing software such as Zoom is recommended
Any other questions?
Contact us if you have any other questions or if you would like us to deliver this course for your team or organisation.
* * * * *
“Susi was very knowledgeable and engaging. It was brilliant to build on the principles we covered in the first course and to end up feeling so confident about making our eLearning resources accessible.”