Learn about the fundamental principles of accessibility and how to apply them to eLearning. This course covers all the essential concepts and uses a practical framework to show you how to implement eLearning accessibility using a wide range of authoring tools and approaches.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in any part of the creation, design, development or testing of eLearning content.
What will I learn?
This course is your first step in conforming to best-practice eLearning accessibility standards and complying with legal requirements. It covers the essential Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A and AA standards and also includes best practice AAA recommendations designed to improve the learner experience for everyone.
- Accommodating different types of disabilities and impairments
- Assistive technology fundamentals
- Accessibility statements
- Tool settings
- Accessible structure and navigation
- Colour contrast
- Designing for assistive technology
- Formatting fundamentals
- Plain English
The follow-on course eLearning accessibility further steps allows you to explore these accessibility principles in further depth and covers more of the essential WCAG standards needed for better accessibility and legal compliance.
What are the benefits for the eLearning professional?
- Develop your knowledge and skills to take the first steps in becoming a confident eLearning accessibility practitioner
- Be confident that you are creating learning content that does not create barriers or disable the potential of any of your learners
- Enhance your employability as the need for eLearning accessibility continues to grow
- Become a better advocate for accessible eLearning
What are the benefits for the organisation?
- Ensure the estimated 12% to 26% of your learners who have disabilities or impairments are not excluded
- Improve the learning experience for everyone including people who have temporary or situational impairments
- Serve the rapidly growing ageing population
- Avoid the legal risk from a lack of accessibility
- Validate your diversity, equity and inclusion credentials to your employees and customers
- Expand your market reach
How long is the course?
The course lasts for 3 hours. It starts at 9.30am BST and finishes at 12.30pm with a short break mid-way through.
How much does it cost?
eLearning accessibility fundamentals = £250 + VAT
Complete eLearning accessibility = £450 + VAT
(Includes both eLearning accessibility fundamentals and eLearning accessibility further steps.)
Our next scheduled dates for eLearning accessibility courses are as follows (All times are British Standard Time):
eLearning accessibility fundamentals G01F – Wednesday 01/12/21 – 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
eLearning accessibility further steps G01S– Wednesday 15/12/21 – 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
How can I book?
Contact us below and let us know which courses and dates you are interested in.
(Save 10% by buying eLearning accessibility fundamentals and eLearning accessibility further steps together.)
How many people will be on the course?
We run our courses with a minimum of 5 delegates and a maximum of 12. For large groups we deliver with a trainer and a producer to ensure the course runs smoothly.
Is the course accessible?
We aim to make our courses as accessible as possible. Captions are provided and a variety of communication options are offered during training sessions to accommodate different access needs. We also ask delegates for information about any specific access needs prior to the course and work with them to accommodate these.
Do you supply course notes?
The course is accompanied by fully accessible course notes with links to further resources. These are a useful learning tool and can be sent out in advance if requested.
What level of experience do I need?
- This course is an entry level introduction so no prior knowledge or experience of accessibility is needed
- Some experience of creating eLearning content using an authoring tool is useful but not essential
- Basic familiarity with video conferencing software such as Zoom is recommended
Any other questions?
Contact us if you have any other questions or if you would like us to deliver this course for your team or organisation.
* * * * *
“This was a fabulous session and hugely helpful. It should be mandatory for all our eLearning staff.”